Uniform and Appearance
We follow a strict uniform policy at West Hill School. The Headteacher reserves the right to determine when any part of a boy’s uniform or general appearance is contrary to the school policy and expectations. Boys who choose not to abide by our high standards may be sent home or removed from the yard, at the discretion of the Headteacher in order to amend the issue.
Years 7 to 11 inclusive
All items are required unless otherwise stated:
Items indicated by * are only available from our recognised stockists.
- White shirt
- School tie*
- Black V-neck jumper (unbranded and optional)
- Black trousers (available from our school uniform stockists) - denim, corduroy, canvas, combat, cargo, or drainpipe trousers are not allowed
- School blazer – with badge*
- Plain black polishable shoes – pumps, hiking boots, sports-branded shoes or hybrids are not allowed**
** The images are for illustrative purposes as to the 'type' of footwear, and are not an indication of the only make and model being highlighted.
Indoor PE Kit
- White T-shirt with school badge*
- Royal blue shorts with school badge*
- White sports socks
- Trainers with non-marking soles
Outdoor PE Kit
- Red & gold/blue rugby shirt (reversible) with school badge*
- Royal blue rugby shorts with school badge*
- Royal blue socks with school badge*
- Football/rugby boots (non-metal moulded studs, no blades)
We recommend articles of clothing are clearly marked with the student's name.
Top Marks Schoolwear
(Previously known as Debonair):
82 Old Street
Tel: 0161 343 2900
39 Manchester Rd
Tel: 0161 336 3305
Tel: 0161 337 0619
32 Market Street
(Behind Ashton’s Indoor Market)
Tel: 0161 339 9845
133 Chew Valley Road
Tel: 01457 872515
49 Market St
Tel: 0161 368 4500
School uniform is also available from our Unicycle shop. Please see here for further information.
We expect students to maintain a professional ‘office-like’ appearance. Unusual or extreme hairstyles are not allowed. Hair should be smart and groomed:
- No patterns, lines or designs artificially placed in the hair or eyebrows.
- No unnatural colouring.
- Long hair which falls below the collar line must be neatly tied back.
The final decision will rest with the Headteacher whether a hairstyle is acceptable or not.
Boys should endeavour to keep facial hair well maintained, for a neat and professional appearance.