Skip to content ↓

If you are in receipt of government benefits then your child might be entitled to free school meals, which could save you over £400 per year.

Do you qualify?

Your child might be entitled if you receive:

  • Income Support
  • Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance (JSA)
  • Income-related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
  • Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
  • The guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
  • Child Tax Credit, provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190
  • Working Tax Credit run-on, which is paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax credit
  • Universal Credit, provided your annual net earned income does not exceed £7,400 per year.
How do I apply?

All applications must be made using the application form below

If your child is eligible, and you register them for this, school will receive extra funding called Pupil Premium. This extra money is used to improve the educational and personal outcomes of disadvantaged students.