Free School Meals
The way Free School Meal Applications are managed has now changed. Applications are no longer made via Tameside MBC. All applications must now be made via the Department for Education,.It’s quick and easy to apply for Free School Meals using the online form.
Applications must be made for all new and existing Free School Meal eligibility.
If you are receiving certain benefits, a FREE tasty and nutritious school meal is available for your children at West Hill School…BUT YOU MUST APPLY!
Look at the benefits:
- A free school meal for your child, which is good for their health and could help their learning.
- Savings for you, worth over £350 a year.
If you have any queries with your application please contact the Benefit Agency. Please allow time for your application to be processed.
Do you qualify?
Your child will be eligible for Free School Meals if you get any of these benefits:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part IV of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit, provided they are not entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual income (as assessed by HM Revenue & Customs) that does not exceed £16,190
- Working Tax Credit ‘run-on’ – the payment someone may receive for a further four weeks after they stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit - if you apply on or after 1 April 2018 your household income must be less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you get)
Children who get paid these benefits directly, instead of through a parent or guardian, can also get free school meals.