ParentPay Cashless Catering
West Hill School in conjunction with our caterers Harrison Catering operate a cashless catering system, which means no cash can be accepted at the till points in the school dining room.
This system offers many advantages to students, parents and staff, enabling Harrison Catering to deliver a more efficient, faster service and to continue to provide wholesome, healthy and enjoyable meals. Each pupil has an individual ParentPay account and funds can be added either online via the ParentPay website, at the "top-up" machine situated within the school dining room or at any local store where the PayPoint logo is displayed.
There is a daily spend limit which is pre-set at £3.50 which can be changed, this is sufficient for a breakfast muffin before school, some toast at break and the "Meal of the Day" (comprising a main meal, a dessert and a drink), .
Balances can be checked either on line through the ParentPay system or by pupils on the Balance Checker machine in the school dining room.
Pupils that qualify for free school meals will also use the system. Their accounts will automatically be credited with the value allocated for free school meals each day, which the pupils can then spend in the normal way at lunchtime. These pupils can also “top-up” their balances if required to enable them to purchase a snack before school or at morning break.
Access to the system is via the Impact Biometric System. A scan of the pupil’s finger is taken, and turned into a digital signature, this will then be used to recognise the pupil. It is impossible to reconstruct the image of a fingerprint from the information held on the system. When a pupil places their finger on the scanner the software matches the finger to the unique digital signature held in the database.
Should you have any questions regarding the cashless system please do not hesitate to contact ParentPay@westhillschool.co.uk for advice.
Features of the Cashless Catering System
- Convenience of paying for school meals. No more looking for change every morning.
- Specific food allergy ingredients can be barred automatically.
- Healthy eating is encouraged.
- Queuing times are reduced through increased speed of service.
- Automatic free meal allocation means the students can remain anonymous.
- Detailed reports can be obtained to analyse all aspects of the use of the system.
- Students having control of their accounts teaches important life skills.
- A more efficient delivery of service helps Harrison Catering provide wholesome, healthy and enjoyable school meals at a low cost.
- Discourages the misuse of school dinner money, through spending in shops outside of the school grounds.
- Alleviates many of the associated problems with the use of cash in schools i.e. loss, theft and bullying.
ParentPay Cashless Catering
Already have a ParentPay account?
If you already have a ParentPay account, either with our school or another ParentPay school, you can simply login to that account and add your other children via the Add a child tab on your home page. You will need your activation username and password to do this.
New to ParentPay?
You have a secure online account, activated using a unique activation username and password; you will be prompted to change these and to keep them safe and secure as your Username and Password for future logins.
If you have two or more children at a ParentPay school, you only need to activate one account to create your ‘main account’ and then add your other children via the <b>Add a child tab</b> on your home page. Please visit www.parentpay.com and activate your account via the Account login area on the home page of the site.
ParentPay holds an electronic record of your payments to view at a later date. Once you have activated your account you can make online payments straight away.
Pupils can top up their accounts using the cashload machine in the dining room and parents can also use PayPoint.
|Cashload or Reval Machine||Balance Checker|