In order to maximise the safety of the children, it is important that all Parents/Carers follow the procedures for reporting child absence from the school.
Procedure for reporting illness/absence:
- Parents/Carers should contact the school before 8.45am to report a child’s absence.
- Estimate how long the absence will be for.
- Contact school again on the morning of the estimated return if absence is to continue. Keep following this pattern until the child returns to school.
- On returning to school, parents should confirm the illness/absence by way of a written letter or note in the child’s planner. This should be shown to the Form Tutor or Attendance Officer.
Ways to contact school to report an illness/absence:
- Absences can be reported via the Schoolcomms App.
- The School Gateway Website.
- Phone the school's absence line (0161 338 2193) where a message can be left.
- Send an email to email@example.com.
Procedure for reporting Medical/Dental Appointments:
- Make contact even if you child is coming later e.g.: after a doctor or dentist appointment, if they are not going to be in school by 8.45am.
- Parents/Carers are advised where possible to make medical and dental appointments outside of the school day. Where this is not possible, pupils should attend school for part of the day.
- A few days prior to the appointment, please inform the school either by: appointment card, letter, note in the child’s planner or ring 0161 338 2193 to state the date/time and the approximate duration of the appointment.
If a pupil is recorded absent, with no reason, at his morning registration a notification will be sent to the Parent/Carer through the ‘Keep Kids Safe’ messaging service. This service notifies you that your son is not in school and requests a response to determine the reason why.