Cycling to School
We are delighted to have been selected to be part of the Greater Manchester cycle schools and colleges project. We hope to encourage more pupils, staff and members of the local community to participate in cycling related activities.
We would like to encourage as many pupils as possible to use public transport, walk or cycle to school. During 2016-17 we will be taking part in phase 2 of the GM cycle schools project and will be investigating ways to increase the numbers of pupils cycling to school. To be allowed to store a cycle on site all pupils and parents must sign the following agreement.
Pupils may cycle to school provided the following conditions are met:
- Until further facilities are provided pupils must only park bikes in the designated area behind the music block – nowhere else in school.
- Riding bikes on the school site is strictly forbidden and boys must walk with them to the storage area.
- A cycle helmet must be worn on the way to and from school.
- The cycle should be regularly checked and maintained.
- To deter theft, an appropriate lock will be used to lock the bike during the day.
- Pupils using their bike in periods of darkness will ensure they have working lights and make an effort to be visible to other road users by wearing appropriate safety clothing.
The school will take all reasonable steps to ensure general security throughout the day but are not responsible for any damage or loss that may occur.
Pupils who wish to cycle to school should download and print this form, get it signed and return it to the office. From September 2016 pupils must get this signed in their planner.
We are delighted to have been selected to be part of the Greater Manchester cycle schools and colleges project.