Mobile Phones and Other Mobile Devices
Guidance on the Use of Personal Mobile Devices
- School is NOT responsible for individuals’ personal Mobile devices being damaged, lost or stolen. Items are brought to school at the individuals’ own risk.
- All Personal Mobile Devices should be switched off at all times and stored in the pupil's bag or Blazer pocket whilst on the school grounds or on a school organised activity off-site, except when explicit permission has been given by a member of staff.
- If a member of staff has given permission for the use of Personal Mobile Devices, they MUST only be used as direct by the member of staff and their use MUST comply with the School's ICT Policies.
Sanctions for the Unauthorised use of Personal Mobile Devices
- Pupils will be asked to turn off their Personal Mobile Device and put it away in the first instance.
- If the pupil fails to turn off the device and put it away or is a persistent offender, the device will be confiscated immediately and kept in the school safe until written permission for the return from the pupil’s Parents/Carers is brought into school. Devices will not be returned before the end of the school day.
- Repeat occurrences will result in longer periods of confiscation and the pupil being referred to their Head of Year
The use of personal mobile devices is laid down in full in the School ICT Policies, copies of which are available below, the term mobile devices includes but is not limited to:
- Mobile phones (with or without a SIM card)
- Tablet devices (including iPods)
- Wearable Technology
- MP3/4 players
- Portable data drives (including pen drives and flash memory drives)