The purpose of the Governing Body is to help the school provide the best possible education for its pupils.
They do this by:
- Setting the schools values, vision and strategic aims, agreeing plans and policies, and making creative use of resources
- Monitoring and evaluating performance, acting as a critical friend to the headteacher to support and challenge them in managing the school
- Ensuring that the school is accountable to the pupil and parents is served, to its local community, to those who fund and maintain it, as well as to the staff it employs.
The members of the school Governing Body serve on the following committee’s and report back to the full Governing body on these areas:
- Finance, Premises, Health & Safety
- Curriculum & Pupil Welfare
- Pupil Discipline
- Admissions Committee
We also have the facility for staff dismissal committees and appeals committees.