• Mrs Broadbent (Head of Department)
• Mr Owens (Assistant head)
• Mr Merlo
Pupils are taught using a variety of resources including ICT. Increasingly resources are been used which have been developed on the school network.
Key Stage 4
If you have an interest in business, current affairs, marketing, advertising and finance Business Studies GCSE might be appropriate for you. The course has both theoretical and practical elements which makes use of ICT.
Pupils study the AQA course for 3 hours per week and 1 of those hours is usually spent using the resources on the school network. Pupils sit Unit 1 (setting up a business) in year 10 and unit 2 (growing as a business) in year 11 as well as completing a controlled assessment in year 11.
(e.g.: key dates, information about revision or special activities)
• Unit One Setting up a Business – Year 10. A written examination taken in May/June – there is an opportunity to re-sit this paper in January of Year 11.
• Unit Two Growing as a Business - year 11. A written examination taken in May/June.
• Unit Three – controlled assessment undertaken in Year 11.
• An opportunity to take AS Business Studies in Year 11.